Thursday, September 12, 2013

Exploring the side of the atheist.

Honestly, it's been almost 1 year that I'm seeing the side of the atheist. I respect their beliefs. But the real problem that some theists actually view you as a devil if you tell them an atheist. Much worse, one of my classmate called me, PAGANO when I say that as of that moment I'm seeing the side of of atheist yet I still believe in God. It's also intruiging that atheist receives this kind of treatment unlike people with other religion.


Why can I conclude that? Because I actually loved God and it was 2011 that I was really devoted to him. It was also the year that I borrowed many Bibles and one bible of my friend ended up as a gift to me since we don't have time to meet. And I actually finished reading the New Testament and I'm halfway of the Old Testament that time. I studied at a Christian Elementary School. Practiced Roman Catholic belief when I was in high school. Absorbed every belief of born-again, Catholic and JW and explored so many religion articles in the net and books.

With these almost four months stay in school, I'd always say that I'm seeing the side of every religion yet most of my theist beliefs come from Jehova's Witnesses' ANG BANTAYAN wherein one of my classmates gives me a copy.


The actual incident that made me write ths article is that I happened to be on this site for some reason.
http://patas.co/articles/how-can-atheists-be-ethical/

And triggered my memory of the classroom

"Kaya 'pag walang religion, alam na."
"[Religion sets the conduct and moral of the people] That's why if someone has no religion, you know what he is."

So I defended the atheist by saying that

"Even atheists follow a set of moral conduct."

and that article answers the question.

Now, back to me..Am I an atheist?

I leave that question behind.

No comments:

Post a Comment